Monday, May 10, 2010

The Best Mother's Day Present!

This is the poem Cheyla wrote for me for Mother's Day. I am going to write it exactly how she did, typos and all, because I think it's cute, and probably the best poem I have ever read!
 

   A Mother to a daughter Is like a sister that stays close to you in every way
                                  Love is like a flower with sweet smell

Moms are care for their children
O how they are sweet like a candy
Their beautiful inside and outside
How so lovely
Everything you would want to be
Royalty doesn't matter just love
Super happy with her children
Doing their best
And cleaning the house
You are wonderful so beautiful, caring, and patient

(Notice it spells out Mother's Day)

I am the luckiest mom in the world!

It amazes me that through all my screw ups, my kids still see my heart! They understand that "Do Over's" aren't just for them, but for me as well.   I am blessed to that they can see past the yuckiness that seeps out on a bad day, or in the heat of the moment.  And yes, I get to check of at least one thing from my "Proverbs 31 checklist": 28 Her children rise up and call her blessed...

I love the little things. I love watching my children play nicely together without being threatened first . I love watching them treat each other with unconditional kindness.  The way they help each other out, when they don't realize I am watching.   I love snuggles, hugs, eskinose (our term for Eskimo kisses), butterfleyes (our term for butterfly kisses) and of course kissy lips (that is when they give me kisses with their lips, on my forehead, cheeks, or lips) I love talking about all the things we can't wait to do when we get to Heaven, I promised Michael I would go into a black hole with him and have a picnic on Pluto!

Mother's Day, not only a day to appreciate our moms, a day to appreciate the gift of being a mom. Looking through the mundane, the laundry and flooded bathroom...and looking into the eyes of the children God entrusted us with to raise in His ways.  I am blown away that God gave me these precious lives to care for, I am thankful for every second  I have with the beautiful children, even when I am in the grocery store or restaurant on the verge of tears! I am thankful for their cute little voices, and no matter what they say it comes out so cute!   I am thankful for "MallMart", "Stardees", "Foawk, "Potsgetti", "BallBalloon", Ma-mee", and "Muu".  Even though I have had to sadly correct their mispronuciations (can't have a 25 year old going foawk to MallMart to get potsgetti, ballballoons and muu for ma-maee!)

Being a mom, isn't easy, but it is rewarding.  I am glad I am a mom. Thank you Jesus, for my beautiful children!

No comments:

Post a Comment